Study of a Lion, Resting
- Red chalk and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- 8 1/16 × 12 9/16 inches (20.5 × 31.9 cm)
Inscribed in iron gall ink, upper right: "g"
"EGB" watermark; "V" watermark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | figure study | lion | lions | resting | sleeping | tail (hanging)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.