Steeplechasing: Two Riders Taking a Wooden Fence
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite and watercolor on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 5/8 × 14 3/4 inches (27 × 37.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, veso, upper left: "10 | 21/2"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "HRM. 10 - 21."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- building | falling | fence | flag | galloping | horse racing | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | jockeys | jumping | landscape | men | race (event) | sporting art | whips (animal equipment)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Steeplechasing: Two Riders Taking a Wooden Fence, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.