Steeplechasing: The Field Jumping in and Out of a Lane
- Graphite and watercolor on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/2 × 14 5/8 inches (26.7 × 37.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "A | 10"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- fences | field | flags | galloping | hill | horse racing | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | jockeys | jumping | landscape | lane (road) | men | race (event) | road | spectators | sporting art
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Steeplechasing: The Field Jumping in and Out of a Lane, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.