- Steeplechasing: The Field taking a Low Rail and a Brook
- Graphite and watercolor on moderately thick, moderately textured, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 10 5/8 × 14 7/8 inches (27 × 37.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "A | 10"; inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "8"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- brook | fence | hills | horse racing | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | jockeys | jumping | landscape | men | race (event) | spectators | sporting art | town | whips (animal equipment)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Steeplechasing: The Field taking a Low Rail and a Brook, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.