- Steeplechasing: The Finish
- Graphite and watercolor on medium, slightly textured, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 10 7/16 × 14 11/16 inches (26.5 × 37.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "10 | 23 /2"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "HRH. 10 - 23."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- flag | horse racing | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | jockeys | landscape | men | race (event) | sporting art | whips (animal equipment)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Steeplechasing: The Finish, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.