- Steeplechasing: Three Riders Taking a Brook
- ca. 1825
- Graphite and watercolor on moderately thick, moderately textured, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 × 14 3/8 inches (26 × 36.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "10 | 24/1"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "HRH 10 - 24."
Verso, lower left: Two different, Collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- brook | horse racing | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | jockeys | jumping | landscape | men | race (event) | spectators | sporting art | tree | whips (animal equipment)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Steeplechasing: Three Riders Taking a Brook, ca. 1825
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.