Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Three Racehorses with Jockeys Up Galloping in a Group to Left, undated
Three Racehorses with Jockeys Up Galloping in a Group to Left
- Graphite and watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- 10 11/16 × 17 3/4 inches (27.1 × 45.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "HRH. 10 - 25"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- galloping | horse racing | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | jockeys | men | race (event) | sporting art
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.