- Foxhunting: The Leap
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 9 5/16 × 12 1/2 inches (23.7 × 31.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "Glos Coll. (HRH 14 - 28)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | fence | fields | fox hunting | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hunt | hunters | hunting | jumping | landscape | leaping | men | sporting art | trees | whips (animal equipment)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Foxhunting: The Leap, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.