Foxhunting: The Toast
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 9 3/16 × 12 3/8 inches (23.3 × 31.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, center right: "ROWD"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "Glos. Coll. (HRH. 14 - 31)"
Watermark: "J Whatman"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- birds | chairs | dogs (animals) | drinking | drunk | fox hunting | gathering | hunters | hunting | interior | meal | meat | men | paintings | shotguns | sporting art | table | wine | women
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Foxhunting: The Toast, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.