"The National Sports of Great Britain" 1821: Badger Catching
- Graphite and watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper, mounted on, moderately thick, smooth, beige, wove paper
- Mount: 14 1/2 × 19 5/16 inches (36.8 × 49.1 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 11 1/16 × 15 1/4 inches (28.1 × 38.7 cm), and Sheet: 9 1/4 × 13 7/16 inches (23.5 × 34.1 cm)
Signed in graphite, lower left: "H Alken"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- badger (animal) | bushes | catching | dog (animal) | hill | hunters | hunting | landscape | men | sporting art | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Dudley Snelgrove, British Sporting and Animal Prints 1658-1874: A Catalogue, The Paul Mellon Collection , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 1981, NE960.3 G7 B75 + Oversize (Mellon Shelf) (YCBA)