- "The National Sports of Great Britain," 1821: Owling
- Graphite and watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper, mounted on, moderately thick, smooth, beige, wove paper
- Mount: 13 5/8 × 18 3/4 inches (34.6 × 47.6 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 8 3/8 × 11 1/16 inches (21.3 × 28.1 cm), and Sheet: 6 7/16 × 9 3/16 inches (16.4 × 23.3 cm)
Signed in graphite, lower left: "H. Alken"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- birds | building | field | landscape | men | owl | path | poles | sporting art | trees
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Great Britain | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Dudley Snelgrove, British Sporting and Animal Prints 1658-1874: A Catalogue, The Paul Mellon Collection , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 1981, NE960.3 G7 B75 + Oversize (Mellon Shelf) (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, "The National Sports of Great Britain," 1821: Owling, 1821
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.