IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Samuel Alken, 1756–1815, British, Ferreting, undated
- Graphite and watercolor on medium, slightly textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 × 16 1/4 inches (26 × 41.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper right: "HRM 17 - 1"
Signed, in graphite, lower center: "S Alken"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cane | dogs (animals) | hares | hat | hill | hunter | hunting | landscape | man | sporting art | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.