Whipper-in With a Hound, the Field Ahead at Left
- Graphite and watercolor on medium, slightly textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/8 × 16 1/16 inches (25.7 × 40.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center right: "HRH 17 - 5."
Signed in graphite, lower right: "S Alken"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dogs (animals) | field | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hounds (dogs) | hunt | hunters | hunting | landscape | men | sporting art | trees | whip
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Alken, 1756–1815, British, Whipper-in With a Hound, the Field Ahead at Left, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.