Stag Hunting - Full Cry: the Stag Hounds Tear Down a Slop at Right...
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, black ink, graphite, and gouache on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 5/8 × 14 13/16 inches (27 × 37.6 cm)
Signed in pen with black ink, lower right: "S ALKEN"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | dogs (animals) | fields | galloping | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hounds (dogs) | hunt | hunters | hunting | jumping | landscape | men | sporting art | trees | wall
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Alken, 1756–1815, British, Stag Hunting - Full Cry: the Stag Hounds Tear Down a Slop at Right.., undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.