The 'Royal' Coach Outside the White Lion Inn
- ca. 1845
- Watercolor, with pen, in brown ink, and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- Mount: 13 1/16 × 17 3/8 inches (33.2 × 44.1 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 9 9/16 × 14 1/8 inches (24.3 × 35.9 cm), and Sheet: 9 1/8 × 13 9/16 inches (23.2 × 34.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, center left: "WHITE LION | COACH | [...?...]"; Collector's stamp in black ink, verso, lower left: "Evans of Bristol"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | coach (carriage) | genre subject | horses (animals) | inn | people | street
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Evans of Bristol, 1809–1858, British, The 'Royal' Coach Outside the White Lion Inn, ca. 1845
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.