The 'Royal' Coach Outside the White Lion Inn
- ca. 1845
- Watercolor, with pen, in brown ink, and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- 13 1/16 × 17 3/8 inches (33.2 × 44.1 cm), 9 9/16 × 14 1/8 inches (24.3 × 35.9 cm), and 9 1/8 × 13 9/16 inches (23.2 × 34.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, center left: "WHITE LION | COACH | [...?...]"; Collector's stamp in black ink, verso, lower left: "Evans of Bristol"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | coach (carriage) | genre subject | horses (animals) | inn | people | street
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
William Evans of Bristol, 1809–1858, British, The 'Royal' Coach Outside the White Lion Inn, ca. 1845
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.