IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Samuel Henry Gordon Alken, 1810–1894, British, Foxhunting: Rider Approaching a Fence by a Pond, Hound Swimming Through, undated
Foxhunting: Rider Approaching a Fence by a Pond, Hound Swimming Through
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/8 × 11 3/8 inches (23.2 × 28.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center right: "HRM 17 - 7A"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "ALKEN"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dogs (animals) | fence | fox hunting | horse (animal) | horseback riders | horseback riding | hounds (dogs) | hunt | hunter | hunting | landscape | man | pond | sporting art | swimming
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.