Samuel Henry Gordon Alken, 1810–1894, British, Foxhunting: Hunt Servants Leading Out Hounds, undated
Foxhunting: Hunt Servants Leading Out Hounds
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 8 7/16 × 9 5/16 inches (21.4 × 23.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center right: "HRM. 17 - 7"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | dogs (animals) | fence | fox hunting | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hounds (dogs) | hunt | hunters | hunting | landscape | men | path | servants | sporting art | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.