- Hounds Followed by Three Riders
- Pen, in brown ink, brown wash, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, blued white, laid paper
- Sheet: 7 5/8 × 9 1/8 inches (19.4 × 23.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "D3232"
Paul Mellon Collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dogs (animals) | forest | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hounds (dogs) | hunt | hunters | hunting | jumping | landscape | men | sporting art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Sawrey Gilpin, 1733–1807, British, Hounds Followed by Three Riders, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.