A Stable Boy rubbing down a Racehorse
- Black chalk and stumping on medium, moderately textured, blued white, laid paper
- Mount: 12 7/8 × 19 1/8 inches (32.7 × 48.6 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 10 1/2 × 16 11/16 inches (26.7 × 42.4 cm), and Sheet: 10 1/4 × 16 5/16 inches (26 × 41.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "27"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "3/4 | [?] | 13 5/8 x 20"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boy | crowd | figures (representations) | groom (caretaker of horses) | horse (animal) | horse racing | men | sporting art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Sawrey Gilpin, 1733–1807, British, A Stable Boy rubbing down a Racehorse, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.