- Self-Portrait, Hunting: in a Scarlet Coat and Tall Hat
- ca. 1821
- Watercolor, with pen, in brown ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, blued white, laid paper
- Sheet: 9 1/2 × 7 inches (24.1 × 17.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Frank Grant (as himself)"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "D. 1359"
Watermark: "1821"; Paul Mellon Collector's stamp on verso
Signed in graphite, lower left: "Frank Grant"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Francis Grant, 1803–1878, British, Self-Portrait, Hunting: in a Scarlet Coat and Tall Hat, ca. 1821
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.