The Return from Coursing
- Watercolor, with pen, in gray ink, over graphite on medium, smooth, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 7 3/16 × 9 11/16 inches (18.3 × 24.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center right: "My Hounds shall make the | lazy morn and glad | the horizon round | somervilles Chase."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- building | child | dogs (animals) | gate | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hounds (dogs) | house | hunt | hunters | hunting | landscape | men | peacocks (birds) | sporting art | trees | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Hamilton, 1751–1801, British, The Return from Coursing, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.