- Studies of Horses: '...A Mare Enclosed - a Horse Looking Over'
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 13 9/16 × 18 5/8 inches (34.4 × 47.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen with brown ink, (on mount) lower center: "After one of my Series of the Passions of the Horse | A Mare enclosed - A Horse looking over."; inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "A horse looking over | *A
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Bernard Chalon, 1771–1849, British, Studies of Horses: '...A Mare Enclosed - a Horse Looking Over', undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.