Studies of Horses: 'Explanation to the first Anatomical Table of Outline of the Skeleton of the Horse'
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite, and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 13 1/2 × 18 1/2 inches (34.3 × 47 cm)
Inscribed in pen with brown ink, (on mount), lower center: "EXPLANATION. | to the first Anatomical Table of Outline of the Skeleton of the Horse."; inscribed in graphite, verso, center: " No 1/
Lettered extensively with equine skeletoal names and corresponding numbers
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anatomical study | animal art | horse (animal) | skeleton
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Bernard Chalon, 1771–1849, British, Studies of Horses: 'Explanation to the first Anatomical Table of Outline of the Skeleton of the Horse', undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.