Studies of Horses: 'Explanation to the Second Anatomical Table of Outline of the Horse - Muscles in Action'
- Graphite, with pen in brown ink on medium, slightly textured, blued white, wove paper
- 13 1/2 × 18 9/16 inches (34.3 × 47.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen with brown ink, (on mount), lower center: "EXPLANATION | to the second Anatomical Table of outline of the Horse - Muscles in Action."; inscribed in graphite, verso, center: No. | 2"
Lettered extensively with equine muscle names and corresponding numbers
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anatomical study | animal art | horse (animal) | muscles
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Bernard Chalon, 1771–1849, British, Studies of Horses: 'Explanation to the Second Anatomical Table of Outline of the Horse - Muscles in Action', undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.