- Watercolor, pen and black ink, and gray ink on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Mount: 11 9/16 × 15 15/16 inches (29.4 × 40.5 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 9 15/16 × 14 3/16 inches (25.2 × 36 cm), Sheet: 8 13/16 × 13 inches (22.4 × 33 cm)
Inscribed in pen with brown ink, verso, center: "S Howitt | Old Compton Street | No. 4"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "B5227"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "HYO"
Signed and dated, in pen, with black ink, lower left: "Howitt 1792"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- crowd | horse racing | horses (animals) | jockeys | landscape | men | race (event) | spectators | sporting art
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.