- Studies of Horses: 'No. 1 Full Trotting - No. 2 Cantering on a Ladys Horse - All with Their Muscles in Action'
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 13 1/2 × 18 5/8 inches (34.3 × 47.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen, with brown ink, lower center (on mount): "No 1 Full trotting -- No 2 Cantering a Ladys Horse-all with their Muscles in action."; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "No.10"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Bernard Chalon, 1771–1849, British, Studies of Horses: 'No. 1 Full Trotting - No. 2 Cantering on a Ladys Horse - All with Their Muscles in Action', undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.