A Herd of Deer Grazing in a Park
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/8 × 12 7/16 inches (25.7 × 31.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen with brown ink, verso, upper center: "Purchased] by Joseph [?Clark] | of [...] [?Gate] [?S. W.] | [?at] the late Sir Edwin Landseer | Sale 23 July 1874"; in graphite, center left, vertical: "12x9"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right, vertical: "148"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "77"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | deer | herd | park (grounds)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Edwin Henry Landseer, 1802–1873, British, A Herd of Deer Grazing in a Park, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.