- Three Racehorses Approaching the Winning Post
- Pen, in brown ink and graphite on thin, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 × 16 inches (26 × 40.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen with brown ink, within image, upper center, above left jockey's head: "a"; inscribed in pen with brown ink, within image, upper right, above right jockey's head: "x"; inscribed in pen with brown ink within image, lower left, above left jockey's head: "a"; inscribed in image, lower right, above right jockey's head: "x"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- caps | flags | horses (animals) | jockeys | races | spectators | sporting art | tracks | whips
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Lock II, 1767–1847, British, Three Racehorses Approaching the Winning Post, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.