- The London-Dover Royal Mail, c. 1830-1840
- Watercolor, with pen, in brown ink, black ink, red ink, gum arabic, gouache and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, gray, wove paper
- Sheet: 10 13/16 × 15 1/4 inches (27.5 × 38.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen with white body color, within image, center left: "DOVER LONDON | ROYAL | MAIL"; inscribed in pen with white body color, within image, center left: "WR"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- coach | genre subject | horses (animals) | landscape | mailing | men | post chaise | trees | winter
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Charles B. Newhouse, fl. c.1820–1836, British, The London-Dover Royal Mail, c. 1830-1840, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.