IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Charles B. Newhouse, fl. c.1820–1836, British, The London-Dover Royal Mail, c. 1830-1840, undated
The London-Dover Royal Mail, c. 1830-1840
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, black ink, red ink, gum arabic, gouache, and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, gray wove paper
- Sheet: 10 13/16 × 15 1/4 inches (27.5 × 38.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen with white body color, within image, center left: "DOVER LONDON | ROYAL | MAIL"; inscribed in pen with white body color, within image, center left: "WR"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- coach | genre subject | horses (animals) | landscape | mailing | men | post chaise | trees | winter
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.