A Diligence, Front View
- Graphite and watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 3 3/8 × 4 1/2 inches (8.6 × 11.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "[We--?]; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper center: "4... | x"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basket | boxes (containers) | cargo | carriage | chest | coverings | genre subject | luggage | stagecoach | still life | straps | suitcases | travel | wagon | wheels
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Prout, 1783–1852, British, A Diligence, Front View, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.