"The Poacher's Progress:" Poachers in Prison (The Pardon)
- Graphite, watercolor, and varnish on very thick, rough, brown, wood pulp paper
- Sheet: 13 1/16 × 17 1/4 inches (33.2 × 43.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen in blue ink, verso, center left: "SOWBY | Repair 2- Br OAK"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- children | correctional institution | hunting | interior | men | pardon | people | pitcher | prison | sporting art | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Dudley Snelgrove, British Sporting and Animal Prints 1658-1874: A Catalogue, The Paul Mellon Collection , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 1981, NE960.3 G7 B75 + Oversize (Mellon Shelf) (YCBA)