- "The Poacher's Progress:" Poachers in Prison (The Pardon)
- Graphite, watercolor, and varnish on very thick, rough, brown, wood pulp paper
- Sheet: 13 1/16 × 17 1/4 inches (33.2 × 43.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen in blue ink, verso, center left: "SOWBY | Repair 2- Br OAK"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- children | correctional institution | hunting | interior | men | pardon | people | pitcher | prison | sporting art | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Dudley Snelgrove, British Sporting and Animal Prints 1658-1874: A Catalogue, The Paul Mellon Collection , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 1981, NE960.3 G7 B75 + Oversize (Mellon Shelf) (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
C. Blake, active 1825–1826, "The Poacher's Progress:" Poachers in Prison (The Pardon), undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.