IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John James Chalon, 1778–1854, French, active in Britain, Skating in the Park, undated
Skating in the Park
- Sepia wash and watercolor on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 3/16 × 17 1/4 inches (33.5 × 43.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "D 340"
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- broom | chair | ice | ice skating | men | park (recreation area) | skating | sporting art | table | tent | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.