- Foxhunting: Near the Death
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, brown ink, gray ink, and graphite on medium, moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 12 5/8 × 19 3/16 inches (32.1 × 48.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper right: "HRH. 17 - 26A"
Signed in pen with black ink, over graphite, lower right: "E. W. Cooper fecit | 1816"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dogs (animals) | fence | fox (animal) | fox hunting | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hounds (dogs) | hunt | hunters | hunting | jumping | landscape | men | sporting art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edwin W. Cooper of Beccles, 1785–1833, British, Foxhunting: Near the Death, 1816
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.