Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, The Quorn Hunt: The Whissendine Appears in View, undated
The Quorn Hunt: The Whissendine Appears in View
- Watercolor, with gum arabic, and gouache over etched outline on medium, smooth, blued white, wove paper
- 12 1/16 × 20 1/16 inches (30.6 × 51 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "Glos. Coll (HRH 18 - 8A)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clouds | dogs (animals) | horses (animals) | hunt | river | sporting art
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.