- The St. Leger, Doncaster: The Finish
- Graphite and watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 12 1/4 × 16 7/8 inches (31.1 × 42.9 cm)
Watermark: "J Whatman | Turkey Mill | 1825"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- building | crowd | horse racing | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | jockeys | men | race (event) | spectators | sporting art | whip
- Associated Places:
- Doncaster | Doncaster | England | Europe | United Kingdom | Yorkshire
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, The St. Leger, Doncaster: The Finish, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.