- Additional Title(s):
Verso: subject traced
- Pen and black ink, gray wash, brown wash and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 8 9/16 × 10 3/8 inches (21.7 × 26.4 cm) and Image: 7 1/2 × 9 3/4 inches (19.1 × 24.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen with black ink, upper center: "This is what I call travelling to music! --one continued wheeze | from Hyde Park corner to Hammersmith"; inscribed in pen with black ink, lower center: "A Whistler!!"
stamp on verso, lower left: "X"
Signed in pen with black ink, lower left: "Woodward Delin"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- caricature | horse (animal) | horseback riders | horseback riding | man | music
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | Europe | Greater London | Hammersmith | Hyde Park | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
George Moutard Woodward, ca. 1760–1809, British, 'A Whistler!', undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.