IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Jan Wyck, ca. 1645–1700, Dutch, active in Britain (from ca. 1664), Hare Hunting: The Kill, undated
Hare Hunting: The Kill
- Pen, in brown ink, and red chalk on medium, smooth, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 3 7/8 × 11 9/16 inches (9.8 × 29.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper right: "No Ref"
Paul Mellon Collector's stamp on verso
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dogs (animals) | field | forest | hare | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hounds (dogs) | hunters | hunting | landscape | men | sporting art | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.