Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, The Runaway Coach, ca. 1791
The Runaway Coach
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Experimental Colors from the Artist's Palette
- ca. 1791
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, gray ink, and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 7 7/8 x 9 3/4 inches (20 x 24.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "DLA1183"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- coach (carriage) | genre subject | hat | hill | horses (animals) | luggage | man | riding crop | wheel | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.