The Runaway Coach
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Experimental Colors from the Artist's Palette
- ca. 1791
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, gray ink, and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 7/8 x 9 3/4 inches (20 x 24.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "DLA1183"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- coach (carriage) | genre subject | hat | hill | horses (animals) | luggage | man | riding crop | wheel | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, The Runaway Coach, ca. 1791
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.