IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Seymour, 1702–1752, British, "Fearnought Going to Run Against The D: of Devon: Smart", undated
"Fearnought Going to Run Against The D: of Devon: Smart"
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Pencil sketch of figures and horses
- Graphite and brown wash on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/4 × 10 7/8 inches (21 × 27.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: Franaughly going to run against | The D: of Devon: gr[crossed out] Smart"; inscribed in graphite, center right: "[illegible]
Watermark: "Propatria"; collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | horse (animal) | horse racing | horses (animals) | jockey | man | people | race (event) | sporting art
- Associated Places:
- Devon | England | Europe | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.