Two Horses Racing, Jockeys Up: Railings in the Background
- Pen, in brown ink, and graphite on medium, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 8 × 12 13/16 inches (20.3 × 32.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen with brown ink, lower center: "No 27"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "D1401"
Paul Mellon Collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | galloping | horse racing | horses (animals) | jockeys | men | race (event) | racetrack | railings | sporting art | whips (animal equipment)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Seymour, 1702–1752, British, Two Horses Racing, Jockeys Up: Railings in the Background, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.