Two Horses Racing, Jockeys Up: Railings in the Background
- Pen, in brown ink, and graphite on medium, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 8 × 12 13/16 inches (20.3 × 32.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen with brown ink, lower center: "No 27"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "D1401"
Paul Mellon Collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | galloping | horse racing | horses (animals) | jockeys | men | race (event) | racetrack | railings | sporting art | whips (animal equipment)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Seymour, 1702–1752, British, Two Horses Racing, Jockeys Up: Railings in the Background, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.