James Seymour, 1702–1752, British, A Huntsman Holding a Dead Hare, with Two Greyhounds Looking On, undated
A Huntsman Holding a Dead Hare, with Two Greyhounds Looking On
- Red chalk on moderately thick, moderately textured, blued white, laid paper
- Sheet: 9 3/16 × 12 1/4 inches (23.3 × 31.1 cm)
Collector's mark, verso, lower left: "W"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dogs (animals) | figure study | greyhounds (breed) | hare | hounds (dogs) | hunt | hunter | hunting | man | sporting art | whip
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.