- Horse and Rider Walking to Left in a Hilly Landscape
- Pen, in brown ink, brown wash, graphite and gouache on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Mount: 10 13/16 × 13 5/16 inches (27.5 × 33.8 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 10 1/8 × 13 1/8 inches (25.7 × 33.3 cm), and Sheet: 9 1/16 × 12 1/8 inches (23 × 30.8 cm)
Signed in pen with brown ink, lower right: "P: Tilleman"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | hill | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | jockeys | men | sporting art | whip
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Peter Tillemans, 1684–1734, Flemish, active in Britain (from 1708), Horse and Rider Walking to Left in a Hilly Landscape, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.