IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Charles Turner, 1774–1857, British, A Race Meeting (Weighing In), undated
A Race Meeting (Weighing In)
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, red ink, brown ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/4 × 11 7/16 inches (21 × 29.1 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | crowd | horse racing | horses (animals) | jockeys | meeting | men | racetrack | sporting art | tents
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.