IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Ward, 1769–1859, British, Sir Charles Blunt at the Death of the Boar, undated
Sir Charles Blunt at the Death of the Boar
- Graphite on medium, moderately textured, brown laid paper
- Sheet: 14 7/8 × 12 inches (37.8 × 30.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "Sir Charles Blunt | at the Death of the Boar"
Signed in graphite, lower left: "JWD. RA"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boar | genre subject | horses (animals) | sporting art | study (visual work)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.