Sir Charles Blunt Hunting the Boar and Escaping From the Tiger
- Graphite on medium, moderately textured, gray, laid paper
- Sheet: 14 × 10 1/2 inches (35.6 × 26.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "Sir Charles Blunt | Hunting the Boar_and | escaping from a Tiger"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "JWD. RA"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boar | genre subject | hunting | sporting art | study (visual work) | tiger
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Ward, 1769–1859, British, Sir Charles Blunt Hunting the Boar and Escaping From the Tiger, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.