- Steeplechasing: The Start
- Graphite and watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 9 15/16 × 6 1/8 inches (25.2 × 15.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "10 | 19/1"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "HRM. 10 - 19."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | fields | galloping | horse racing | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | jockeys | landscape | men | race (event) | sporting art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Steeplechasing: The Start, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.