IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Peter DeWint, 1784–1849, British, A Meet in the grounds of Raby Castle, undated
A Meet in the grounds of Raby Castle
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Pencil Sketch of a Town by Cliffs
- Graphite, white gouache, and pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, gray wove paper
- Sheet: 7 7/8 × 12 inches (20 × 30.5 cm)
inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right; "D316"
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | cliffs | dogs (animals) | grounds | horses (animals) | hunt | hunting | sporting art
- Associated Places:
- Durham | Staindrop | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.