IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Peter DeWint, 1784–1849, British, Horses Resting in a Meadow near Bolsover Castle, undated
Horses Resting in a Meadow near Bolsover Castle
- Former Title(s):
Horses resting in a meadow: extensive landscape background, with a castle (? Bolsover) on a distant hill at right
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 9 5/16 × 12 3/4 inches (23.7 × 32.4 cm)
inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "2.20"; inscribed in graphite lower left: "[Ham...]"; in graphite lower center: "No 1"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | cattle | cows | horses (animals) | landscape | livestock
- Associated Places:
- Bolsover | Derbyshire | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.