- before 1801
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, gray ink, graphite and gouache on medium, moderately textured, blued white, laid paper
- Sheet: 10 1/16 × 14 1/2 inches (25.6 × 36.8 cm), Image: 9 5/8 × 14 inches (24.4 × 35.6 cm), and Frame: 17 1/4 × 23 1/4 × 1 inches (43.8 × 59.1 × 2.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen with brown ink, lower left: "592"; inscribed in pen with brown ink, lower center: "Pheasant Shooting"; inscribed in pen with brown ink, lower right: "Dighton - del"
Signed in pen with brown ink, lower right: "Dighton del"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- carriage | dogs (animals) | fence | forest | gate | guns | hunters | hunting | landscape | men | pheasants | sporting art | tree
- View by request in the Study Room
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Dighton, 1752–1814, British, Pheasant Shooting, before 1801
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.