IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Robert Dighton, 1752–1814, British, Pheasant Shooting, before 1801
- before 1801
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, gray ink, graphite and gouache on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 1/16 × 14 1/2 inches (25.6 × 36.8 cm), Image: 9 5/8 × 14 inches (24.4 × 35.6 cm), Frame: 17 1/4 × 23 1/4 × 1 inches (43.8 × 59.1 × 2.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen with brown ink, lower left: "592"; inscribed in pen with brown ink, lower center: "Pheasant Shooting"; inscribed in pen with brown ink, lower right: "Dighton - del"
Signed in pen with brown ink, lower right: "Dighton del"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- carriage | dogs (animals) | fence | forest | gate | guns | hunters | hunting | landscape | men | pheasants | sporting art | tree
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Side - by - Side with Gun and Dog (National Sporting Library and Museum, 2015-09-25 - 2016-04-03) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.