The Rag Gatherers
- Additional Title(s):
The Rag Pickers, Quartier Mouffetard, Paris
- Etching on medium, moderately textured, blued white laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/16 x 4 15/16 inches (18 x 12.5 cm), Plate: 6 x 3 1/2 inches (15.2 x 8.9 cm), and Image: 6 x 3 1/2 inches (15.2 x 8.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Whistler, James McNeil"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower right: "Whistler | 1858"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Janet and James Sale, Yale BA 1960
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bed | bucket | cap | child | cupboards | doorway | genre subject | house | jacket | peasants | pots | poverty | rafters | sheets | shelves | table | trousers | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James McNeill Whistler, 1834–1903, American, active in Britain (from 1859), The Rag Gatherers, 1858
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.