The Rag Gatherers
- Additional Title(s):
The Rag Pickers, Quartier Mouffetard, Paris
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/16 x 4 15/16 inches (18 x 12.5 cm), Plate: 6 x 3 1/2 inches (15.2 x 8.9 cm), Image: 6 x 3 1/2 inches (15.2 x 8.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Whistler, James McNeil"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower right: "Whistler | 1858"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Janet and James Sale, Yale BA 1960
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bed | bucket | cap | child | cupboards | doorway | genre subject | house | jacket | peasants | pots | poverty | rafters | sheets | shelves | table | trousers | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James McNeill Whistler, 1834–1903, American, active in Britain (from 1859), The Rag Gatherers, 1858
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.